Saturday, April 6, 2013

Dreams are not Made for Boxes


It's been a while since I posted anything. I've been busy with a lot of positive events. Growing my presence in the writing and reading community. Growing myself for the many stories that whisper in my ears. They make my fingers twitch with longing. I need to write them. I want to write them but I have to finish the stories that are ahead of the wisps that are ideas. 


Dreams are not Made for Boxes: It's a truth that finally settled within me. Dreams are seeds that when watered and tended grow. But sometimes, I've learned, that it is the gardener that needs pruning and fertilizing before the garden that is "the dream" can finally thrive and bear fruit. Like flowers, their life and death bear fruit. Life brings beauty, fragrance and joy upon viewing. The death of a flower creates food for the next generation. My dream started with short stories that evolved into novels, now those novels are branching out into series. The challenge: pacing myself. Speed walk. Run/walk. Jog. Run. I am currently at the working my way to the jog stage. I've been running/walking for years. The year is at it's quarter mark. The question to those reading this blog: Where are you with your dream(s) and or goal(s)? Are you still working at them? Moving them toward reality? Are they still in a box? When I say, still in the box, I mean it's the "hope" but you are doing nothing to make it a reality. 


If you are an artist of any kind. Are you meeting other artists? Getting that encouragement. Feeding off the energy of those chasing their dream? Are you being spurred along with a healthy spirit of "I can get there too" as you watch others in your craft inch their way or leap their way to the next level? (This isn't only for artists. Do you want to go back to school? Get a better job? Loose weight? Whatever. It applies. You have to do something to attain it.) 


A dream in a box is not a real dream. Something in a box is useless. It's when you remove the contents of that box does anything begin to happen. To my fellow dreamers, I encourage you to keep it up, but pull the dream out of the box. Let it's magnitude terrify and excite you. Anticipate it's achievement. Be giddy when that little idea slips through your fingers only to morph into something bigger. Follow that dream. Chase it like an adored lover. Give it your all and don't quit on it. As long as you have breath you can make it happen. Dreams are not confined by time. They don't age. Like a child they keep growing. Don't shove it in a box. 


To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe. - Anatole France





No comments:

Post a Comment